Save the Date + Submit Your Session Idea for the 2017 Community Development Workshop!
Save the Date and Bring a Date!
The 5th Annual Community Development Workshop, will be held on Saturday, February 11, 2017 at the Kauffman Foundation Conference Center (4801 Rockhill Rd., KCMO) from 8:30am-4:30pm. This free, full-day workshop brings together community stakeholders - residents, neighborhood associations, nonprofits, agencies and others - to learn, collaborate, and be empowered. The workshop allows participants from both sides of the State Line to connect to resources, learn new tools and best practices, share insights, and develop new relationships for collaboration.
With our partners Greater Kansas City LISC, Livable Neighborhoods, and the Center for Neighborhoods, we’re planning some exciting new things for 2017:
- Local and youth artists will develop an interactive and fun geographic networking session that merges art, information sharing, and celebrating existing strengths
- Sessions led by community members on projects and initiatives in the region that will inform and train participants (see below for the open call for sessions)
- Longer and more engaging sessions that allow more time for information sharing and interactive learning
- Tips, stories, and inspiration from the keynote speaker (to be announced soon!) on bringing about and sustaining community change
Bring a date! We’re challenging every neighborhood to bring one or two (or more!) potential and emerging leaders in your community - especially youth, young adults, or young-ish residents. This workshop is the perfect opportunity to recruit and engage people who may be on the cusp of getting involved and will help to inspire them, connect them to others who are making a difference, and give them tools and resources to have an impact (big or small) in your community.
For more information on the 2017 Community Development Workshop, please visit www.ccfkansascity.org and click on Workshop. Registration will open November 1.
“It’s ‘our’ place as community development professionals to convene, share, and learn” - Workshop participant
“So many great people, organizations, programs, and ideas in one space – I love it!” - Workshop participant
Submit Your Idea for a Workshop Session!
Have a great project to share? Tips, tricks or lessons learned that can help others achieve success with their local initiatives? Don’t be shy, we want to hear from you!
If you’ve learned some key things in your community and neighborhood work, chances are that others would benefit from your experience! And if you have specific skills or trainings that would be useful to others, we also want to hear from you!
In recognition of the 5th year of the Community Development Workshop, we are inviting community members to submit session proposals that highlight and celebrate successful endeavors to transform communities.
The workshop sessions will be organized into four tracks:
- Track 1 – Youth and Resident Engagement
- Track 2 – Neighborhood Revitalization and Civic Pride
- Track 3 – Project Planning and Implementation
- Track 4 – Technical Skills
We look forward to hearing your ideas!